Residents, Families & Patrons,
Recreation programs and rentals are underway following IDPH’s guidance for Restore Illinois Phase 4. Registration for summer programs and events is open for both Residents and Non-Residents. Programs with multiple groups will be spaced out at an appropriate social distance and masks are required. Listed below are updates that apply to the Park District of Franklin Park’s programming and facilities.
- Organized group recreational activities and gym capacities are limited to 25 people or 25 percent of capacity (whichever is less) for both indoor and outdoor activities. Multiple groups will spaced out at an appropriate social distance.
- The Pool on Pacific will open this summer for In-District Residents only. Limited aquatic programs and rentals will be available. All information on the pool this season can be found online. Pool passes are on sale now as part of the Early Bird Special.
- Summer Camps will run again this summer and utilize multiple facilities to limit the number of campers at each site. Groups will be limited to 15 campers each. Summer Camp information can be viewed in the Summer brochure.
- The Fitness Center will continue to operate at no more than 25 percent of capacity using the current reservation system. Face coverings must be worn at all times while exercising.
- Open Play will continue for residents and pass holders only with its current guidelines and reservation system. Face coverings are required at all times. Open Play guidelines can be viewed on our website or you can contact the Community Center.
- Meeting rooms at the Community Center can host groups at 25 percent of room occupancy. The banquet hall at North Park can host events for groups no larger than 50. Contact the Community Center and Centre at North Park for availability and more information.
- Public skating sessions at the Franklin Park Ice Arena will be limited to 40 skaters and all skaters must pre-register. Skaters must arrive dressed and ready. Locker rooms are only available for 10 minutes prior and after events. Spectators are limited to one spectator per skater. For information on Hockey & Skating programs visit fpice.com. Masks are required to be worn at all times, including on-ice activities.
The increased vaccination numbers is promising, but we ask you to still take social distancing to the fullest extent. Please wear a mask while in the presence of others. If you or anyone in your family is sick, please stay home. We need your help to keep our community safe.
We remain optimistic and look forward to safely offering recreational opportunities. Please contact us at (847) 455-2852 or by direct staff email with any questions. Your continued support during this unprecedented time is truly appreciated.