Governor Pritzker announced that the State of Illinois enters the Bridge to Phase 5 on Friday, May 14. This approach allows for higher capacity limits until the state reaches Phase 5 and fully reopens. Listed below are updates that apply to the Park District of Franklin Park’s programs and facilities. Masks are still required for all Park District programs and events.
• Organized group recreational activities are limited to 100 people or 50 percent of capacity (whichever is less) for indoor activities. Outdoor activities can allow groups of 100 people, with multiple groups permissible.
• The Pool on Pacific is opening for In-District Residents only. The pool’s hours are divided into time slots and each slot can accomodate 50 people. Groups will be seated in socially distanced pods and reservations are required.
• The Fitness Center will operate at no more than 60 percent of capacity using the current reservation system.
• Open Play will continue with its current guidelines and reservation system. Open Play guidelines can be viewed on our website or you can contact the Community Center.
• Meeting rooms at the Community Center can host groups at 50 percent room occupancy. The Center at North Park’s banquet hall may host gatherings with up to 210 people. Contact our facilities for availability and more information.
• Public skating sessions at the Franklin Park Ice Arena will be limited to 70 skaters and all skaters must pre-register. Skaters must arrive dressed and ready. Locker rooms are available for 30 minutes prior and after events. Spectators are limited to two spectators per skater. For information on Hockey & Skating programs visit fpice.com.
This gradual approach will protect the progress the state has made as we inch closer to fully reopening. We ask you to continue practicing social distancing. If you or anyone in your family is sick, please stay home.
We look forward to safely providing as many programs and events as possible and your increased participation! We welcome you to contact us at (847) 455-2852 or by direct staff email with any questions. Your support and understanding during this past year is truly appreciated. Thank you for doing your part to keep our community safe.