The Park District of Franklin Park is carefully monitoring the developments regarding the Coronavirus (COVID-19) via the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), Illinois Department of Public Health, and Cook County Department of Health. We are also in contact with the Village of Franklin Park Health Department, while monitoring School Districts 81, 83, 84, & 212. Our priority is the safety of our Park District residents, patrons, families and staff.
The Centers for Disease Control & Prevention (CDC) offers a number of recommendations for individuals to stay healthy and prevent the spread of coronavirus, influenza, and other illness. For your best protection away from and at the Park District, we recommend practicing the following CDC precautions.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue when coughing or sneezing, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Wash your hands regularly with soap and water (for at least 20 seconds).
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth.
- Clean and disinfect surfaces regularly.
The Park District of Franklin Park’s standard sanitizing practices include the daily disinfection of surfaces in our Community Center, Ice Arena, and North Park facilities. This includes meeting/program rooms, restrooms, drinking fountains, equipment in our Fitness Center, and locker rooms & showers.
If you, or anyone in your family, develops symptoms such as fever or cough we encourage you to stay home and consult your doctor.
We want to stress that the Coronavirus (COVID-19) conditions are changing rapidly every day. We will have to respond to yet unknown developments that may include interruption of programs and services. In the meantime we encourage everyone to use the resources listed below:
• Centers for Disease Control (CDC)
• Illinois Department of Public Health
• Cook County Department of Health
Park District of Franklin Park