The State of Illinois entered Phase 5 of the Restore Illinois Plan. This is the final phase of the restoration plan and signifies a full reopening. Listed below are updates to previous measures for Park District of Franklin Park programs and facilities. Based on CDC and Illinois Department of Public Health guidelines, face masks are still required for many Park District of Franklin Park programs and events.
- Organized group recreational activities can operate without participant limits
- The Pool on Pacific is open for Franklin Park Residents. Please read the provided update. The pool’s time slots can accommodate 100 people. Groups will be seated in socially distanced pods and reservations are required.
- The Fitness Center will operate at full capacity and reservations are no longer required. Members must check-in with staff at the front desk.
- Open Play will no longer require reservations. The gymnasium can accommodate 30 players at once. Participants must check-in with staff at the front desk and have their own mask.
- The Community Center’s meeting rooms and Centre at North Park can host groups at full room occupancy.
- Public skating sessions at the Franklin Park Ice Arena will return to full capacity and spectators are allowed. Pre-registration is no longer required. Locker rooms are available for skaters.
The safety of our residents, participants and staff is still a priority. We encourage anyone who continues wearing face masks and practices social distancing to do so. Staff working with participants not yet eligible for vaccination will continue wearing masks.
We look forward to returning to a sense of normalcy and your increased participation! We welcome you to contact us at (847) 455-2852 or by direct staff email with questions. Your support and understanding during this past year is truly appreciated.